Top 10 Favorite Children’s Books
October 10, 2019
I’m a children’s book junkie! I started out as a teacher and have always loved quality children’s literature. I already owned hundreds of children’s books before I had kids. My husband was always dragging me out of the children’s section at the bookstore to keep me from filling the whole house up with children’s books. As a photographer, I love seeing a family come together to share a tender moment and a great book. Thinking about updating your collection? Here are some of my family’s current favorites-
1. Dragon’s Love Tacos by Adam Rubin
2. Those Darn Squirrels by Adam Rubin
3. Those Darn Squirrels Fly South by Adam Rubin…basically anything by Adam Rubin
4. The Day the Crayons Quit by Drew Daywalt
5. A Loud Winter’s Nap by Katy Hudson
Are you noticing a trend? We like funny!
6. The Very Impatient Caterpillar by Ross Burach
7. King Bidgood’s in the Bathtub by Audrey Wood
8. Officer Buckle and Gloria by Peggy Rathmann
9. Thelma the Unicorn by Aaron Blabey
And last but not least,
10. Creepy Pair of Underwear by Aaron Reynolds
(This is a delightfully weird book my daughter asked me to buy at her school Book Fair. The very next day she convinced her grandmother to buy it as well. Apparently is worth having two copies).
Hopefully, these titles will bring laughter to your bedtime stories, as I know they certainly have to mine! Did I miss any of your favorite children’s books? I’d love to hear your thoughts--share away!